Korea Heritage Education Institute (English)
Korean Heritage: A Cultural Legacy for the World
The Korea Heritage Education Institute (KHEI), founded in 2010, aims to introduce people of the world to the history and culture of Korea. KHEI, commonly called the Heritage Institute, is a non-profit organization, trying to help people enhance their understanding of the arts, customs, history, and landscapes of Korea through production of texts, photos, education materials, publications, and organizing programs. Helping the Koreans understand other cultures is also our job. We hope to contribute to enhancing mutual respect among people and understanding cultural diversity. We hope to create contents and produce educational materials in Korean and in foreign languages, with particular emphasis on young learners. We welcome all members from all walks of life, all nationalities, all ages, all professions, anyone with a sense of history, and interest in Korea. We also invite writers, editors, and photographers to join our efforts to record and document anything cultural and historical around them. Our basic policy is copyleft, opening our products to the world, but any income from these products will go to their author. Come and join us!
- “Heritage" means not only the buildings, artefacts and relics but language, culture, traditions, achievements, beliefs, etc., that are part of the history of a group or nation, including natural heritage.
- “Contents" include all intellectual and artistic creations in analogue and digital formats such as texts, still photos and videos.
Gallery: Activities in Pictures
Missions of the KHEI
- KHEI aims to contribute to the understanding of the Korean people of Korea’s cultural and natural heritage.
- KHEI helps people understand cultural diversity commensurate with the national status as a leading member of the global community.
- KHEI develops contents on cultural heritage in multiple languages and distributes them to Koreans and foreigners in and outside Korea.
- KHEI hopes to play a role in enhancing Korea’s communication with outside world
- Research on cultural heritage education methodology
- Research on the interpreting and publicizing cultural heritage
- Research on the training of specialized manpower on cultural heritage
- Research on international collaboration in the area of cultural heritage
- Production of educational and interpretative contents on cultural and natural heritage
- Developing educational contents in foreign language for Koreans abroad and foreign Korean family members by marriage.
- Developing multi-language texts as auxiliary education material for schools.
- Developing contents on world cultural heritage.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org